Alicia L. Taylor
Preserving family legacies via bespoke estate planning
Alicia Taylor assists families in preserving their legacies by identifying, prioritizing and achieving their wealth transfer goals. She relishes the opportunity to guide her clients through the complexities of estate planning, from creation to implementation to administration. Alicia focuses on estate, tax and business succession planning, as well as estate and trust administration. She is experienced in:
- Crafting tailored estate plans that promote multi-generational asset transfers with minimal tax consequences.
- Preparing federal gift, generation-skipping transfer and estate tax returns.
- Creating prenuptial and antenuptial agreements.
- Forming and transferring closely held business entities.
A seventh generation Floridian, fifth generation cattle rancher and third generation citrus grower, Alicia’s distinctive heritage gives her a unique ability to comprehend, respect and plan for your family.
Experience in Action
- Implementing gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax techniques to achieve tax efficiencies and shift assets to preferred beneficiaries via drafting wills, revocable trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts gifting trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts and spousal access trusts.
- Creating, funding and administering charitable vehicles, including family foundations, donor advised funds and charitable trusts.
- Preparing and negotiating marital agreements, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to facilitate marital and familial tranquility.
- Preparing, submitting and defending tax returns to ensure compliance with tax code and Internal Revenue Service requirements.
University of Florida Levin College of Law (LL.M., 2012)
- Major: Taxation
- Research Assistant for Professor Dennis A. Calfee
- Member of Florida Blue Key
University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate in Estates & Trusts
- Journal of Law and Public Policy (Managing Editor)
- Book Award Recipient in:
- Taxation of Gratuitous Transfers, Estate Planning, Estates & Trusts, and Insurance Law
University of Florida (B.S., cum laude, 2008)
- Major: Food and Resource Economics
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch,” Trusts and Estates, 2021-present
- Florida Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, Estate Planning & Probate, 2022-present
- “40 Under 40” by Gulfshore Business, 2021
- Growing Associates in Naples (GAIN) Class of 2014
- Humane Society Naples, board of directors
- Alumni Association of the Wedgworth Leadership Institute, board of directors
- The Florida Bar, member of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section; member of Tax Section
- Collier County Bar Association, member
- Girls on the Run of Collier County, board of directors, 2013-2020
- Wedgworth Leadership Institute for Agriculture and Natural Resources, member, Class X
- Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, member, Class II